College of Business
- IMBA (International Master Program of Business Administration)
- IUBM (International Undergraduate Program in Business and Management)
- UBM (Undergraduate Program in Business and Management)
- TDPBA (Chung Yuan Christian University and Temple University Undergraduate Dual Degree Program in Business Administration)
- BD (Master Program in Commercial Applications of Big Data)
Strategize in Pursuit of Excellence
The College of Business at Chung Yuan Christian University is committed to providing a holistic education, nurturing its students to become business professionals with innovative thinking and collaboration skills, and to develop ethical leaders with global perspectives and local focus.
The College of Business at Chung Yuan Christian University will be recognized as one of the leading business schools in Taiwan providing students with professional knowledge, international perspectives and ethical character.
Brief history and organization
The College of Business was established in 1980 in accordance with the government's need for economic development. In 1967, the Industrial Management Department was created, later in 1974 changed its name to the Department of Business Administration. The Department of International Trade was set-up in 1976 .And in 1980, the Department of Accounting was launched which leaded to the establishment of the College of Business. The Chung Yuan Christian College of Science and Engineering had been elevated to the Chung Yuan Christian University for the addition of the College of Business. In 1987, the university founded the Department of Information Management, and formed the Department of Finance in 2005, which educate students to be future financial professionals. By then, the university had mapped out a comprehensive structure of a quality business education.
Following the government's authorization to establish the College of Business in 1980, the university, continued to devote in promoting the research education. Thereafter, in 1983 it created the Graduate School of Business Administration master program; in 1997 it founded the Graduate School of Accounting master program, in 1998 it founded the Graduate School of Information Management master program; in 1999 it founded the Graduate School of International Trade master program. In 2001 it introduced the Graduate School of Business Management doctoral program, where the five departments jointly supported the faculty and resources; in 2005 the college launched the Graduate School of Business Administration doctoral program, and in 2009 the Graduate School of Business Management doctoral program was renamed as Ph.D. program in Business as sanctioned by the Ministry of Education. In 2011 International Master of Business Administration Program was created. Subsequently, three new programs were founded in 2017: Bachelor Program in Business and Management, International Bachelor Program in Business and Management and Master of Big Data Management. The college plans to go further to create International Joint Degree Program in 2019.
To uphold the college's "holistic education and lifetime learning" philosophy, the college in 1999 launched the Graduate School of Business Administration and Accounting in-service master programs; in 2000 it founded the Graduate School of Information Management in-service master program, and in 2002 it unveiled the Graduate School of International Trade in-service master program, which provides business executives a retraining opportunity, and a close-knit exchange and cooperation between industry and academic.
Promoting cross-strait and international academic exchanges; requiring all students to enroll in the three-year English courses; developing cross-school and cross-department Mainland China business administration courses; developing overseas exchange projects for joint participation and growth of the faculty and student body, including dual undergraduate./ master project with U.S. university for student to earn a CYCU undergraduate degree and a partner school's master degree); launching the "Center for Global Taiwanese Business Studies", which to grasp global development trend of Taiwanese business to facilitate teaching and research.
Upgrade the existing "Business Information Center" into a "Business Science Knowledge Management Center"; launch the most innovative "Digital e-learning Center for Financial Education" and "The Testing Center for Financial Certificate", to train the students to earn professional certification in the financial/banking and accounting domains; promote featured BOSS (Business Operations Simulation Skills) teaching program to provide students with computerized decision analysis capabilities. The College of Business emphasizes digital service and encourages the caring for society. This subsequently becomes a benchmark of the college that puts students into forefront of employment.
Integrate resources from Chung Shan Institute of Science & Technology, Industrial Technology Research Institute and the science park operators to promote high-tech industry research and teaching which facilitates students’ competitiveness in job market; establish “Applied Economic Model” to support governmental and industrial needs, which also equip students with the overall economic forecasting capabilities; integrate information technology in teaching to increase the operating efficiency and know-how of high-tech industry and emerging service industry.
Refine teaching content for a holistic and character building education; compile relevant local and foreign business ethics cases to strengthen the link-up of business decision and ethical value, coordinate with academic and professional expert lecturers to enhance students' comprehension; promote "learning-by-doing" and "service learning" to strengthen students' care for life, as well as to enhance their spirituality and to cultivate them with concern for the entire society.
- Promoting internationalization to create a globalized learning environment: The COB will continue to recruit excellent international students by offering courses in English and scholarships. The college will also keep on broadening the international perspectives and multi-cultural adaptability of the faculty and students.
- Combining industry, government, academia, and research institution resources to improve research: Each department constructs its own research center, continues to improve the quality and quantity of its academic research and encourages the faculty and students to attend domestic and international academic seminars and to publish in academic journals.
- Elevating the teaching quality of undergraduate, graduate program, and continuous education: The college will continuously recruit faculty with doctoral degrees to strengthen the quality of faculty and to establish strategic alliances with local and international business schools in order to improve the teaching quality of undergraduate education. The college will promote rigorous research and continuous learning to further improve the teaching quality of graduate and ongoing education.
- Promoting the AACSB International Business Accreditation： AACSB International is one of the most powerful and famous accreditation institutions to evaluate business schools and certified MBA programs. Because of this, we fully participated in becoming AACSB-accredited and established AACSB office at the business school. The AACSB office proposal was approved in 2008, we started to plan and build the office. There is director, project assistants, and part-time helpers to work on. The office was accomplished in the end of 2008. Since then, the College of Business actively promoted AACSB certification-related work by sending representatives to attend international conferences hosted by AACSB and to absorb experiences both domestic and international. The efforts paid off as CYCU College of Business was awarded AACSB International Accreditation in 2015, and established branch of Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS) in 2016. BGS consists of teachers and students of business schools that have received AACSB accreditation, in which the student members must be among top 10% in their University Department and postgraduates must rank in top 20%.